St. Louis Medical Malpractice Attorneys Serving Missouri and Illinois Clients
The Law Office of John S. Wallach, P.C. has more than 25 years of trial experience, primarily handling cases that involve serious injuries. Our office has recovered millions of dollars — year after year — on behalf of injured clients. If you or a loved one has suffered loss due to negligence, our firm is available to help in the following areas:
- Auto accidents. Proving the defendant’s fault lies at the core of every auto accident case. Accident reconstruction is often necessary to establish causation. Our attorneys are skilled in pursuing compensation for all types of motor vehicle accidents, including large truck and motorcycle accidents.
- Product liability. We trust manufacturers to produce safe products. However, unsafe products find their way to the marketplace every year and are subject to products liability litigation. In a products liability case, the manufacturer is strictly liable for damages when a consumer suffers injury from an unsafe product.
- Auto defects. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration actively recalls vehicles with auto defects. Common defects include SUVs prone to roof crush in rollover accidents, accelerators that stick and faulty tires that blow out. Over the years, many unsafe features on vehicles have led to serious traffic injuries and deaths.
- Defective products. Defective products can result from poor design, flawed manufacturing or a failure to warn through effective labels and advertising. From baby cribs that cause suffocation to folding tables collapsing on people, countless accidents have occurred from defective products. Defective medical devices are some of the worst and can lead to life-threatening injuries.
- Workers compensation. Workers suffering from on-the-job injuries or occupational diseases can recover workers compensation. Recoverable damages include medical costs and lost wages. Even so, legal help is often necessary to receive deserved compensation.
- Personal injury. Injury victims in Missouri have the right to recover compensation even when they were partially at fault. However, the court also reduces their recovery by their percentage of fault. Medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering are some of the damages you can recover.
- Medical malpractice. In a medical malpractice case, attorneys must prove that injury resulted from the practitioner’s failure to follow standard medical practices. This requires testimony from medical experts. Injuries also must be significant for a case to be viable.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect. Failure to provide vital daily care can be just as abusive as outright harm to a resident. Nursing home abuse can be physical, sexual, mental or verbal. It can also be in the form of financial exploitation.
- Surgical injuries. Surgical errors range from subtle or blatant errors, such as operating on the wrong body part or patient. Unwittingly leaving sponges, gauze or medical instruments in patients can lead to serious complications. Sometimes these errors remain hidden until years later when discovered through x-rays.
Contact St. Louis personal injury and medical malpractice lawyers
To schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with a skilled attorney at the Law Office of John S. Wallach, P.C., call us at 1.877.241.1020 or contact the firm online.